We are the luckiest blog ever! Guylian Chocolate sent us a lot of chocolate to review for all of you! They have the best truffles! Guylian Chocolate sent a variety of their chocolates to try out, and honestly, I do not even know where to start. We of course broke open the box rather quickly, laid it out and just dove in! We had the Artisanal Chocolate Truffles first, and they looked exquisite. Shaped like seashells and seahorses in their white and milk chocolate swirl, they looked like they would taste good. Then when I took a bite of one and it was an explosion of chocolate flavors, there was the outer chocolate that was mild and creamy and the filling has a hazelnut flavor to it, and mixing the two textures made your mouth just sing with desire for more. I was impressed by the flavor and quality of these chocolates, and I read all the information I could find on them. I found that they are made in small batches in a copper kettle so that the flavors are just perfect and the texture is everything you could hope for. They have been made in Belgium since 1958, with pure cocoa butter, the way all fine chocolates should be made. The name comes from the couple that started the company, his name was Guy and her’s was Liliane, hence the meld of the names in Guylian. We sampled the dark chocolate, the milk chocolate, the gift boxed chocolate, the truffles, even the sugar free chocolate, and I loved them all. I do not think any of them lasted long.
I come from a long line of chocolate addicts, er, lovers, and this is some great chocolate. The flavors were complex, the texture was smooth, and they had a luxurious look and taste that let you know this was the real deal. I was impressed with the sugar free chocolate flavor the most, I really expected an after taste of some kind, but instead was treated with a great mouth feel and flavor of just pure chocolate.
These are the chocolates you want to send to your family and friends, the one you want all of your business partners to get at the holidays, you also know these are the kinds of chocolates left at the pillows in the best hotels and resorts.
The variety alone is impressive, the chocolate quality was top notch and not one thing I tried had any bitterness to it, including the dark chocolate, which we all know should be eaten daily, it’s a health food you know.
Check out their website, Facebook, and twitter, for the wonderful selections they offer, bookmark the page so you know where to get more and send some to your friends they will love it too. The best part is they are sponsoring a giveaway right here for our readers to get a huge chocolate windfall sent right to their doorstep. The prize package includes
- One – 22 piece marbled chocolate seashell truffles with signature hazelnut filling
- One – 22 piece extra dark chocolate seashell truffles with signature dark hazelnut filling
- One – 19 piece Le Gourmet classic Belgian chocolate assortment
- One – 11 piece marbled chocolate seahorse truffles individually wrapped with signature hazelnut filling
- One – Gift-wrapped 11 piece marbled chocolate seashell truffles with signature hazelnut filling
- One – 6 piece marbled chocolate seashell truffles with signature hazelnut filling
- One – 6 piece extra dark chocolate seashell truffles with signature dark hazelnut filling
- Four – 2 piece marbled chocolate seahorse truffles with signature hazelnut filling
- One – No Sugar Added Milk Chocolate BarOne – No Sugar Added 54% Dark Chocolate Bar
Good Luck to all and Happy Chocolate Dreams!