I was so fortunate that Tricia she is a holistic health coach and educator at The Nourish and she specializes in using essential oils to promote healing and vibrant health. She found me with a lot of health issues going on in my family. My husband recently diagnosed with Graves’ Disease and my new grandson with reflux, it has been a little hectic. Thankfully Tricia sent me some essential oils specifically for sleeping. It worked so well for me to get the rest I needed with all of the stress of things going on. She also sent us a few other oils that all worked so great! It was nice to not have to resort to doctors appointments and prescription medications. I prefer the natural approach.
She sent me a great book about essential oils called Modern Essentials and I learned so much.
Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. Essential oils are non water-based phytochemicals made up of volatile aromatic compounds. Although they are fat soluble, they do not include fatty lipids or acids found in vegetable and animal oils. Essential oils are very clean, almost crisp, to the touch and are immediately absorbed by the skin. Pure, unadulterated essential oils are translucent and range in color from crystal clear to deep blue.
For a long time even though I had a great interest in Essential oils I found it a bit scary, you have probably read the horror stories like I have about people using them on their skin to have horrible reactions. I know that those stories are probably exaggerated but it still scared me. In the book and guidance from Tricia I was able to gain confidence in using them.
Some oils can be used straight, which is called “neat” and others need to be cut or mixed with another carrier oil, like coconut oil and the like. Knowing which ones is the important part. In the book every oil is listed and what they can be used for and how they should and can be used. Some oils can even be taken internally and honestly I do not think I am there yet.
How to use the oils safely:
dōTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils can be used safely by your family for a variety of wellness applications. However, there are several safety guidelines that you should follow when using essential oils and essential oil products.
- Be sure to use only 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils and follow all label warnings and instructions.
- If redness or irritation occurs when using essential oils topically, apply a vegetable oil such as fractionated coconut oil or olive oil to the
- affected area.
- Essential oils should not be used in the eyes, inside the ear canal, or in open wounds. In the event of accidental contact with the eye, dilute with vegetable oil NOT water.
- Do NOT consume an essential oil internally unless labeled with a Supplement Facts box with specific dietary supplement use instructions and warnings.
- Discontinue the use of an essential oil if you experience severe skin, stomach, or respiratory irritation or discomfort.
- When using on children, apply a very small amount of oil to test skin or other sensitivity. Do not use oil on a child’s hand as they may transfer to their eyes or mouth.
- Consult your physician before using essential oils if you are pregnant or under a doctor’s care or have other safety questions regarding
- essential oils.
It is important to remember that therapeutic-grade essential oils are highly-concentrated plant extracts and should be used with reasonable care. Consulting with someone who has experience with essential oils will make your first experience with essential oils more enjoyable and rewarding. As you learn how to use essential oils through personal experience, share your knowledge with others in a safe and responsible way and encourage others to do the same.
The book Modern Essentials is so great in finding what conditions and what oils match up, I found it incredibly helpful.
Tricia also has essential oil webinars that she does and is actually having three this month:
Learn how to become a healer in your own home using safe and effective essential oils! Cold and flu season is coming! Act now! Register for an info packed seminar for free!
Sat, Sep 6, 2014 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
Mon, Sep 8, 2014 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
Tue, Sep 9, 2014 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM MDT
It would be great thing to attend if you are looking for more information into essential oils and how to use them.
She is such a strong believer in the power of essential oils that she is offering a giveaway for our readers a 3 pack of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint essential oils. It comes with a cd on how to use them and more information about the awesomeness within! I hope you learn and love using these as much as I did.