The reality is when you are ready to potty train, there are things that you will need to help you along the journey. Of course the main things you need are patience and a toddler! You however are going to have to move from diapers onto training pants. Pampers Easy Ups are the go to for a comfortable transition. They are made differently for boys and for girls with the absorbency in the right spots for each and they absorb up to 25% more than other brands. These are soft like big girl/boy underwear and the easy to rip sides make it so easy to change when you have an accident. These are great at night as well, long after they are day potty trained you may want to keep them in the Easy Ups until they have been dry all night consistently. I think that there are so many products that make being a mom a little more simple, and Pampers Easy Ups are one of those things.
1. Pampers Easy Ups! These are number one on my list for a reason, potty training can get messy if you are not using the right training pants. The last thing that you or your child needs is a messy experience. I do suggest going up a size so that your child can easily move them up and down. I learned that trick the fourth child in. Pampers Easy Ups are the most absorbent and best fitting training pants you can buy.
2. A potty chair. There are so many choices out there, it can be almost head spinning. Make sure that if you have a little boy you have one with a little blocker so that if he is sitting down you are not getting sprayed. You want to make sure that it is easy to empty, and easy to clean, there are some that even have anti-microbial materials in them for sanitation.
3. Flushable wipes. Trust me, you want to be able to wipe them and flush them away. I know that they are not great for the plumbing, but flush one at a time and frankly the toddler ones you can buy are smaller and not such a nuicense. These helped us get used to wiping in a different way but still feeling the wipes like feeling she was used to.
4. A success chart of some kind. Again, you can get some very elaborate ones or simply make one up yourself but have some way of showing your toddler how well they are doing. When you have a bad day and accident after accident you will both feel a bit discouraged this helps you keep on track.
5. A water proof mattress cover is one of those things that you may need down the road a bit, but it is good to have around just in case. I had one that took their training pants off during the night and this was a lifesaver. Get one that zips around the whole mattress. Just trust me on this.
6.Treats and rewards, now some people don’t want to do food and others have always done a certain candy in their family and really it does not matter what you use. The whole point of the reward is to keep motivation up for your toddler. We did little candies in the very beginning and then went to weekly outings to the park or some place if they had more dry than wet for the week.
8. A foldable potty seat is very convenient when you are on the go, these can be folded up pretty small and put into a storage bag and taken in the diaper bag. Don’t forget to include dry Easy Up’s and your potty rewards.
9. Consistency, this is one of the key ingredients if you are not ready to commit and be consistent its better that you not start the process until you are ready. Once the diapers are done, they are done, you go to Easy Up’s and don’t go back to diapers no matter what. It’s hard you will want to quit but, stick it out.
10. Patience. Refer to number 9 , this is another one of those things that you must have, its hard to not get upset when pee is all over your house because they decide to not go in the Easy Ups, but, not go in their potty either. Sigh! It is hard and it can shake the best of us to our core. You will get through this. Trust me, I am onto training number 5 and we will survive that one too.
You will find that you may want or need other things that are not on my list, but the one thing you do not want to be without is the Pampers Easy UP’s, I believe that you want the best for certain times in life and this is one of them. Your toddler needs to know that they are covered. Their comfort matters as well, if you buy some that don’t fit well your toddler wont want to wear them. Easy Up’s absorb more, they open easy in case of a mess and they move up and down easily for your child.
To learn more and have questions answered, please join @Pampers on April 21st from 9-10pmEST as they host a Twitter Party with Dr. Laura Jana, pediatrician, award-winning parenting book author and potty training expert who co-authored to Its You and Me Against the Pee…and the Poop, Too! RSVP here:http://vite.io/doubledutydivas
Pampers Easy Up’s is hosting a giveaway on our blog that includes a potty training prize pack that includes Pampers Easy Ups, a pack of Pampers Easy Ups. a Little Looster Step Stool, a Potty Ring, a “It’s You and Me against the Pee… and Poop too!” book and a $50 AMEX gift card. they have your bases covered! Enter below and Good Luck to all, in the giveaway and your training adventures.
This review and giveaway was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine