DIY Pillow Cover
Redecorate the smart way — pillow covers are a fast, fun and easy craft that can transform a room with an artsy punch of color. If your child is still light on sewing skills, then this is the project for her. All that’s required are a few scissor snips and fabric twisting. She’ll start with a rectangular piece of fabric and use triangles to make a fashionable pillow!
What You Need:
- Fabric scissors
What You Do:
- Help your child measure her pillow on a large sheet of fabric. Then cut the fabric to be three times wider than the pillow and twice as tall.
- Have her use fabric scissors to trim any excess fabric.
- Once the fabric is the right size, let her place the pillow in the center.
- Help her fold the bottom half of the fabric up over the pillow.
- Have her do the same with the top half. Now she should have a rectangular pillow burrito.
- Show her how to fold down the long ends into the shape of a triangle — in much the same way you would wrap the ends of a present.
- Have your child layer the ends of the triangle over the pillow.
- Help her tie the ends into a knot.
- Secure that knot with a second knot.
- Let her tuck the ends beneath the knots.
- Voila! Just like that, she has a snazzy addition her room or the family’s living room.