TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C + E + Hyaluronic Acid Serum Review + Giveaway
Dr. Oz Recommends Vitamin C, so I had to give Vitamin C Serums a try! I’m a believer that most True Vitamin C Serums (Vitamin C at 20% is scientifically proven the be the most effective in protecting your skin) work if used daily for weeks or months at a time. Therefore, what I look for in my go-to Vitamin C Serum is:
- Is it odorless or does it have a pleasant smell. Because lets face it, if it stinks, it’s NOT going on my face!
- Is it oily? How well does it absorb and how long does it take?
- Value: Is the amount of fl. oz in the bottle worth the price of the bottle?
- How does my face feel after putting the serum on?
- The difference between the effectiveness between one serum and another is, firstly and obviously, is it 20%? Is it watered down? Is it paired with other effective, anti-ageing ingredients?
Now to answer these questions about TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum.
1. Is it odorless or does it have a pleasant smell. Because lets face it, if it stinks, it’s NOT going on my face!
This Vitamin C Serum isn’t odorless, but has a pleasant subtle scent to it.
2. Is it oily? How well does it absorb and how long does it take?
No, it’s not oily. In fact, it makes my skin feel dry and tight. Which really isn’t anything to panic about. With all Vitamin C Serums, you’re to use a moisturizer because Vitamin C Serums can dry your skin out to a degree. It absorbs faster than other Vitamin C Serums I’ve tried. Yay! Which means I don’t have to wait forever to apply moisturizer, make-up, or whatever else I plan on using in my regime that day.
Value: Is the amount of fl. oz in the bottle worth the price of the bottle?
The bottle size is a standard size, and at the moment, I’d considered it better value than other bottles. This Serum is on sale on Amazon as well as other Serums. This Serum is currently $22.79 while most other Serums are $35 and up.
How does my face feel after putting the serum on?
As I mentioned above, it made my skin feel dry and tight. Unfortunately, this Serum also made my skin burn. I think it may be the Jojoba Oil, as I’ve recently used a Dead Sea Mud product with Jojoba Oil in it, and it also burned my skin. It’s quite ironic if I am sensitive to Jojoba Oil considering Jojoba oil is used to treat burns. Huh… But don’t let this discourage you from trying this product, or from entering the giveaway. I did a bit of reading and if I am indeed allergic or sensitive to JoJoba Oil, it is quite rare. Also, it depends on how refined the oil is. If Jojoba Oil has been heavily refined your skin can be sensitive to it because of the added ingredients. The more gold Jojoba Oil is, the more refined it is. Bottom line is, everyone’s skin is different. Even though my face burned and tingle, it didn’t make my face red or break out.
The difference between the effectiveness between one serum and another is, firstly and obviously, is it 20%? Is it watered down? Is it paired with other effective, anti-ageing ingredients?
This Serum is 20%, Hyaluronic Acid is “promoted as the ‘fountain of youth'” (WebMD). Jojoba oil is used to treat burns, acne and “only in 2011, [did] scientists discover that the oil stimulated the production of collagen in the skin without stimulating the production of enzymes that break collagen down.” (Using Jojoba Oil to Treat Acne by FacingAcne.com)
Review by Jessi from Shatterlion
Experience the powerful anti-aging effects of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Hyaluronic Acid while nourishing your skin with the highest quality natural & organic ingredients available.
* Significantly reduces the appearance of fine lines
* Fades dark circles and age spots
* Firms skin for a healthier, younger look by increasing its elasticity
* Reduces hyperpigmentation for more even skin tone
* Brightens skin by suppressing melanin synthesis
* Protects your skin from free radicals, sun exposure, and environmental stresses by nourishing it with powerful antioxidants
– Does Not leave a sticky, oily or greasy residue, or clog pores like other vitamin c serums
– Does Not irritate sensitive skin or cause itching
– Does Not contain parabens, petroleum, alcohol or other unnatural, harmful chemicals
As a company, TSN uses only the highest quality natural & organic ingredients available. We never use alcohol or parabens. We never test on animals.
All of our products are backed with a hassle-free 90-day satisfaction guarantee + amazing customer service.
*One reader will receive TruSkin Natural’s Vitamin C + E + Hyaluronic Acid Serum. To enter, submit your e-mail and name into the Giveaway tool. No purchase necessary to enter. The winner will be selected randomly. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond or will forfeit the prize. The giveaway is open to the US only who are 18+. The giveaway will be open from May 24th, 2014 at 11:00AM CST to May 28th, 2014 at 6AM CST. This giveaway is in no way sponsored by, endorsed, or affiliated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other social media. It is against Twitter policy to use multiple accounts or create new accounts to increase your chances of winning; therefore, you may use only ONE Twitter account to enter this giveaway. Anyone found using multiple Twitter accounts to increase their chances of winning will be disqualified. Shatterlion and other participating blogs are not responsible for prize fulfillment.