I think one of the things that is over looked a lot with mom’s to be is the products that they use on their skin. Did you know that there are lists of products that you should not use during pregnancy?
According to FitPregnancy here are 12 you should not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding:
- Aluminum chloride hexahydrate: Found in antiperspirant; check for aluminum chloride hexahydrate and aluminium chlorohydrate.
- Beta hydroxy acids: Salicylic acid, 3-hydroxypropionic acid, trethocanic acid and tropic acid.
- Chemical sunscreens: Avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, oxybenzone, oxtinoxate, menthyl anthranilate and oxtocrylene.
- Diethanolamine (DEA): Found in hair and body products; stay clear of diethanolamine, oleamide DEA, lauramide DEA and cocamide DEA.
- Dihydroxyacetone (DHA): Found in spray self-tanners; could be harmful if inhaled.
- Formaldehyde: Found in hair straightening treatments, nail polishes and eyelash glue; look for formaldehyde, quaternium-15, dimethyl-dimethyl (DMDM), hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, diazolidinyl urea, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, and 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol (bromopol).
- Hydroquinone: A lightening agent; abstain from hydroquinone, idrochinone and quinol/1-4 dihydroxy benzene/1-4 hydroxy benzene.
- Parabens: Keep away from propyl, butyl, isopropyl, isobutyl and methyl parabens.
- Phthalates: Found in products with synthetic fragrances and nail polishes; avoid diethyl and dibutyl especially.
- Retinol: Vitamin A, retinoic acid, retinyl palmitate, retinaldehyde, adapalene, tretinoin, tazarotene and isotretinoin. (Here are some retinol alternatives.)
- Thioglycolic acid: Found in chemical hair removers; can also be labeled acetyl mercaptan, mercaptoacetate, mercaptoacetic acid and thiovanic acid.
- Toluene: Found in nail polishes; skip methylbenzene, toluol and antisal 1a.
The good news is that The Spoiled Mama Maternity Skin Care is the safest skin care line available to address issues of pregnant women, as well as new moms and their babies.
It seems the one word expectant moms hate the most is stretch marks, well what if I was to tell you that One study found up to 90% of expecting mothers get stretch marks during pregnancy; however, not all hope is lost.
Preventing stretch marks during pregnancy begins from the moment the happy news arrives! The Spoiled Mama has the best Bump Gloss and Tummy Butter I have seen.
A pure cocoa butter base is enhanced with 11 nourishing oils that include organic rosehip, tamanu & sea buckthorn. Rich in vitamins A & E and essential fatty acids, the belly butter helps promote collagen and increase cell regeneration for firmer, more youthful skin.
With its lush orange-chocolate scent and convenient 4 oz size, Tummy Butter is the most effective way to defend against stretch marks. It’s so good, you’ll swear it contained unicorn tears!*
Why it kicks butt:
- helps prevents new stretch marks
- minimizes appearance of new stretch marks
- helps fades C-sections scars
- soothes itchy, stressed skin
- soothes sunburns & bug bites
We all know we are looking for that great glow when we are pregnant, but what we really want is a stretch mark free belly after our squish is here! We have used this for 24 weeks now and not one sign of a stretch mark anywhere. Legs, breasts, thighs, butt, upper hip and belly bump, we get it all twice a day and there has been no itching, no dry skin and not even a hint of a stretch mark! This is the best, not to mention it is completely safe for baby and mama!
Check out the links below and get this stuff for every expectant mama you know, and its a fabulous shower gift! I really think this is the best of the best out there!
[…] setting aside fifteen minutes each day to take care of your skin or nourish your […]