It seems like just when you get everything perfect in your kids room, you realize you missed the most important part, the window treatments.
I am partial to curtains in kids rooms because I think they are more economical to change as they grow, and you do not have to worry about cords or hardware like some other treatments.
I always want something breath-taking and unique when it comes to kids curtains and in the past there have not been to many choices, but now you can find things to add to your theme or something that can become the focal point of the room.
Perfect example of curtains that can be the main element!
It’s also important to look for blackout curtains if your child is still at the age where they are napping during the day. This will help them be able to settle to sleep easier and faster in the day time hours. Black out curtains also can help keep the room cooler during the day.
How cute are these owls?
When you are considering kids curtains, there are a few things I think you should keep in mind.
- Age of the child – Different prints for different ages
- Gender although I think just about anything can work in either genders room
- Length, you want to make sure that they cannot reach them to pull them down
- Location, this is more about the child’s bed then the curtains. Think hard about putting their bed close to the curtains. Depending on the child’s age you would not want to add a hazard.
- Taste, is there a theme or idea that your child really likes that you want to include.
I love these rainbow and pony curtains!
There are a lot of kids curtains to choose from out in the market place and I am sure you can find something that is going to be just perfect for your child’s room. What do you have on your windows? Would love to know your thoughts in the comments.