There are a couple of subjects that I feel incredibly strongly about. Baby safety is one at the top of the list. I have four grandkids and their health and safety is something I never compromise on.
When my grand-daughter Delilah was born Chicco sent us a car seat for her for us to review, it was the best car seat I have ever used. Derek was born on July 29 and he is now using that infant Key Fit 30 car seat. It has always been easy to install correctly and we all feel that they are safest in them.
This year we were moving Delilah to a convertible car seat and at 2 years old she is only 20 pounds, that is a scary thing to do with a small framed child. We were fortunate enough to partner Chicco again and they sent us a Chicco Next Fit IX car seat.
I could not have been more grateful! We now have the best car seat anyone can find for her in the next stage. The best part is that the convertible car seat is just as easy to install as the infant car seat was. Knowing that a car seat is installed correctly brings such great peace of mind.
The features of this car seat make it a great choice for her and for your children, it allows rear facing until 40 pounds and front facing to 65 pounds.
- ReclineSure® 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
- Dual RideRight® bubble level-indicators verify seat angle in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes
- Premium connectors and a SuperCinch® tightener help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
- New! LockSure™ belt-tightening system helps achieve a secure installation with vehicle seat belt
- New! 9-position easy-adjust headrest and no-rethread harness accommodate growing children
- New! Easy-pull, force-multiplying harness tightener for a snug and secure child fit with less effort
- Removable infant insert accommodates infants from 5-11 lbs
- Integrated slide path to reposition LATCH strap when converting from rear-facing to forward-facing
- Removable cup holder for use on either side of the seat
- Steel-reinforced frame with EPS energy-absorbing foam is side-impact tested for superior protection
I have seen quite a few car seats over the years and I have reviewed a few as well, and I still consistently recommend and use only Chicco Car Seats from birth to booster. The key to safety with a car seat is the ability to put the car seat in the car correctly. Even with a newborn in this car seat he is snug and secure, there is never a doubt that the kids are in the best possible place should an accident occur.
Safety is a factor in our childs life that is 100 percent our job and it is the one thing we can control when it comes to the health and well-being of the children around us.