When I was growing up my dad used our grill almost every night to cook dinner, and it always amazed me how much he cooked out there.
He had all the tools and gadgets to make a whole meal right on the grill. It was great that we had no extra heat going in the house and the number of dishes we had minimal.
- Provides indirect heat. When you are cooking a thicker meat cut, like a brisket or pork roast on your outdoor grill it is imperative that you use indirect heat to prevent the meat from burning on the outside before you get the inside to the desired temperature.
- Keeps food separated. Cooking chicken with barbeque sauce and then you of course have someone who does not like the sauce, you can easily put the food on the grill pan to keep the flavors separate and still cook everything in one place.
- You want to cook breakfast outside. This is a great one, you can actually cook eggs and pancakes directly on your barbecue grill, without using one of your kitchen pans. Grill pans are meant to take direct heat and high temperatures that your grill gives off. You could easily ruin your kitchen pans.
- No grill marks. My husband is a little strange, most people want grill marks on their steaks and chops cooked on the grill, but he wants none at all. Even asks restaurants to do it without grill marks if possible. If you have a picky eater it is a must have tool.
- sauteing veggies. I love grilled onions on my steaks and even burgers, with a grill pan I can easily do it on my barbecue at the same time I am finishing up my meats. You can do squash, peppers, mushroom and any other quick cooking vegetable for a side dish too.
You can see how vital it is to have a pan that you can use on your grill, and let me tell you that I got mine from Cave Tools, it is the best grill pan for my uses. Not to mention their guarantee:
If at any point in the life of your bbq grill pan, if you feel like you received less value than what you paid for it, we will give you a full refund for your money. Even if you use your outdoor grill tray for an entire year, if you want your money back, we will give you a full refund for your bbq grill topper.
With the lip on the edge you can cook your food without worrying that it is going to roll right out of the pan. This is perfect for bacon and eggs, with the open slots on one side the bacon fat runs off and you have a smooth place to put your eggs or pancakes.
On the Cave Tools Grill pan you can see that the slots are wide and put in such a way that none of your food will fall through but fats and sauces will flow through easily. This is important when making a brisket or other fatty meats. I love how easily that fat is removed from meats, but it also allows heat to come through to cook well.
You can see that you have lot of room on both sides of the grill pan and the edges are deep enough that your food is kept separate from the rest of your grilling surface. The stainless steel is durable and easy to clean.
If you do not have a grill pan yet, or you have someone in your life who loves their grill, this is the one to get. There are others out there, but Cave Tools has the best tools to cook all of your meals outdoors on your barbecue. Check out their website HERE!
15% Off: GRILLPAN15
Bonus reason for this grill pan!! You can take this to a public grill at a park or beach and have a clean surface to cook your food.